[NCLUG] apache .htaccess question...

Joshua SS Miller joshua at fitsnips.net
Thu Oct 17 12:10:40 MDT 2002

This is the section you are really looking for.  If the AllowOverride is
set to None here you will need to change it to AuthConfig.

# This should be changed to whatever you set DocumentRoot to.
#
<Directory "/var/www/html">

#
# This may also be "None", "All", or any combination of "Indexes",
# "Includes", "FollowSymLinks", "ExecCGI", or "MultiViews".
#
# Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
# doesn't give it to you.
#
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

#
# This controls which options the .htaccess files in directories can
# override. Can also be "All", or any combination of "Options",
"FileInfo",
# "AuthConfig", and "Limit"
#
    AllowOverride None