[NCLUG] HP's vpn from a home network

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Aug 16 17:49:45 MDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 09:19:57PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
>There are some fundamental design problems with the IPsec based VPNs.
>Such as the requirement that port 500 be used for both source and
>destination for the key exchange.  That does not work very well with

I'm really happy with OpenVPN.  It's written by a guy out of Boulder.
I like that it uses the SSL crypto infrastructure for encryption, which
I suspect is fairly likely to be right.  It can use UDP or TCP -- TCP
being handy for when you are behind some really ugly NAT box.

 I took a Meyers-Briggs personality test and came out an SMTP.
                 -- Sean Reifschneider, 2000