[NCLUG] Re: orinoco monitor mode problems: ksoftirqd_CPU0 CPU consumption & kernel: eth0: Error -5 writing packet to BAP

Anthony Earl Anthony.Earl at MountainAvenue.com
Sun Jul 20 14:15:39 MDT 2003

In answer to my own question:

After finding the kismet forums at
http://www.kismetwireless.net/forum.php that Google doesn't seem to
find, there were a few short discussions there.  The one that worked for
me was a note to say ensure DHCP is not used by the network card before
you switch to monitor mode.  So I turned off pump (plus a number of
other servers but I doubt they made the difference) and am now not
seeing those BAP messages.

Ant.