[NCLUG] Connectivity problems to ebay, (and possibly others)

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Dec 28 01:44:12 MST 2005

On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 01:57:17PM -0700, John L. Bass wrote:
>Try telneting to each of the addresses above a few times and let me know if
>you are also seeing the problem. If you are, call your ISP's help desk and

I've telnetted to these IPs around 20 times, 100% success with a "GET /".
Absolutely no problem.  This is via direct upstream connectivity through
Time Warner via Dallas to Level3 in San Jose.  Linux 2.6.14 client box,
Linux 2.6.12 router connecting to Time Warner.

Also seems fine on a box connected to NCIC.net, with upstream going over
Yipes to WCG, out to SprintLink in CA (it seems) and then back to Denver.
Linux 2.4.25.

Perhaps you should re-evaluate getting some connectivity through NCIC for
CWX.

Thanks,
 "Fixing Unix is easier than living with NT."  -- Jonathan Gilpin
      Back off man. I'm a scientist.   http://HackingSociety.org/