[NCLUG] setting up wireless to use dns

Daniel Herrington daniel at iherr.com
Mon Jul 30 00:03:19 MDT 2007

Just an update...

In the end I decided to replace the 2GB CF flash card with a 5GB CF
hard drive and load a full 4.0r0 debian installation including glibc
and real binaries instead of uclibc/busybox. It's been a real bear
getting the kernel to behave -- I needed to use 2.6.20.?? since that
was the version that the usb wireless card driver was written for
(the at76c503a-source package). I think 2.6.20.15 may finally be
working now... I haven't had any "kernel oops" messages during the
last two days on it like I did on some other versions of 2.6.20 and
2.6.22. I can successfully load the wireless lan driver and dhclient
and then ping/wget with real host names with no name resolving problems.

Thanks for all the help. I agree that the effort to deal with uclibc
and busybox just isn't worth it with storage being so cheap nowadays.

Daniel