[NCLUG] Need to write to non-owned file

Bob Proulx bob at proulx.com
Sat May 12 00:41:46 MDT 2007

S Luke Jones wrote:
> I don't suppose you could cause all these users to be in a group
> together?

Good idea.  I wish I had mentioned it.

> That's the purpose of groups, although they don't seem to be used as
> much any more as they must have back in the V7 days.

Groups are still very much in use.  It is just that today instead of
having a single mainframe where everyone logs into it at once we have
a distributed workstation environment where most people work
individually on their own system in their own sandbox.  So people
don't see the benefit as obviously as before.  But the utility is
still there.

Bob