[NCLUG] Ubuntu CDs for NoCo

bwood at beww.org bwood at beww.org
Tue Nov 25 16:03:11 MST 2008

On Monday 24 November 2008 22:55:12 Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> Jim Hutchinson wrote:
> > Well, Thursday this week is probably not good but would Wed or Friday
> > work? I can probably find time either day at just about any time. Let me
> > know.
>
> They have this new thing called the Post Office which works kind of like a
> fax machine, but it provides an atom-exact copy of what you are sending
> rather than just a simple photostatic replica...  If that's the only reason
> for driving down here from Cheyenne, it would save the petrol.
>
> If the postage is an issue, I can spare some change to cover it.  :-)
>
> Sean

I could add a few additional reasons:

More and better restaurants.

A more desirable demographic mix (rather, a mix at all, as opposed to
monoculture).

A better shopping environment.

Saner drivers (though not by much).

"Greener" environment (bike lanes, bike parking, pedestrian-friendly downtown
etc.).

Better music to listen to (less "Twang, twang, I lost my job, my wife and my
dog").

Higher average intelligence (at least partially due to the University, though
some would argue the reverse).

Less wind (both meteorological and political).

Less horse-shit (both organic and political).

Fewer silly hats.

Smaller belt buckles.

More women over 19 and unmarried (or at least without children).

And yes, I live in Cheyenne :-)

> If the postage is an issue, I can spare some change to cover it.  :-)

You trust the government to do anything right ???

--
beww
beww at beww.org