[NCLUG] Current linux phone compatibility

agilmore at wirelessbeehive.com agilmore at wirelessbeehive.com
Wed Oct 8 10:11:11 MDT 2008

Greetings all,

I'm hoping to tap into the collected experience of the group on the
subject of synchronizing phones with Linux.

My problem is that I need to replace a Palm Centro with something else
(from Verizon) that syncs well with Evolution.

It looks like my options are: stay with a Centro, switch to Windows Mobile
5 or 6, or a Blackberry.

I've been a Palm user long enough to not want to switch, but the Centro
just isn't sturdy enough for me, and Verizon does not appear to offer the
755p or any other Palm based phone. I'd love to try the n800, Neo, or an
Android phone, but they are not available to as a consumer yet. :(

Andrew Gilmore