[NCLUG] root/superuser pwd question

Rob Bayerl verigoth at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 14:49:47 MDT 2008

> Very true, and the proof is that I keep a Kubuntu system up so I can
> answer the occasional question for some friends, who would not be using
> Linux at all if it were not for Ubuntu. Those questions are getting
> fewer and fewer, BTW.

Or you could just install it in a virtual machine...that's what I did
with Ubuntu, Fedora, FreeBSD, and Win2k. That way you are able to
provide support without sacrificing an entire machine. And if you have
a newer Intel or AMD processor with hardware support you can use the
kvm kernel modules and achieve near native speeds.