[NCLUG] Ruby Fanatics?

Ben West mrgenixus at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 17:01:56 MDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 10:15 AM, Michael Riversong
<chylogos at earthlink.net>wrote:

> It's my understanding that there are some Ruby fanatics in Ft. Collins.
>  Would like to be in the loop for events involving that.
>
> I'm involved with 2 children who are learning it!  This means i have to get
> at least enough learned to communicate with them.
>
> Is it possible to program video games with intense character graphics with
> Ruby?
>

> Michael Riversong
> Educator:  Science, Music, Logic
> (307)635-0900
> http://home.earthlink.net/~chylogos

My Impression of Ruby is that you can do whatever you want with it.  You may
not be bale to build OpenGL games with it that run according to your
expectations, but You might get the performance you need with jRuby -- which
is essentially Java.

--
/ˈmɪstər/ /ˈdʒɛnəsɪs/@/dʒi/ /meɪl/ /dɒt/ /kɒm/
Benjamin West