suggestions for file sync?

Stephen Warren swarren-tag-list-nclug at wwwdotorg.org
Sun Oct 15 20:43:00 UTC 2023

 > I really would like to get something for file sync that my coworkers
 > could use via a website to drag  and drop files to and from my
 > server

If you just want manual upload/download rather than an application to
sync copies of the data, why not just set up a WebDAV server? It shows
up as an HTTP/HTTPS URL, which can be entered into Windows explorer (the
file manager, not Internet Explorer the web browser), and I believe also
various file managers on Linux and I assume MacOS. All you need is an
Apache web server (or probably others too) to serve it up, plus HTTP
basic authentication.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebDAV

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_dav.html

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-configure-webdav-access-with-apache-on-ubuntu-18-04

(I didn't actually read any of those URLs, but I would automatically
vouch for the first two...)