Tuesday September 12th, 2023 NCLUG Meeting 6pm

Sean Reifschneider jafo00 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 02:41:30 UTC 2023

netdata is insanely easy to set up and gives great system stats, and can
also centralize that data as well.  Highly recommended as an alternative to
munin: https://www.netdata.cloud/ or just "apt install netdata" and hit
port 30000 in your browser (IIRC).  I use it mostly as a backup
high-resolution metrics source for specific needs, say I'm running a big
job and want to see how the system performs.  My main metrics are stored in
InfluxDB via Telegraf and viewed with Grafana.  I'd probably use Prometheus
instead of Influx these days, but 7 years ago when I set up our metrics
they were both pretty new and I liked the push rather than pull model more.

As far as vim configs, I've basically given up maintaining my own, and I
just use LunarVim with as few tweaks to the configs as I can get away with.