What's up with Front Range Hosting / Total Server Solutions?

MikePruz mi-linux at pruz.org
Wed Sep 13 02:46:47 UTC 2023

Does anyone know what is up with Front Range Hosting / Total Server Solutions?

I've been using them for over a decade, but in the last year they stopped responding to my tickets, and this past week I paid my invoice and they still suspended my account for non-payment (ironically the service page shows my expiration moved to 2024, just the billing system didn't credit the payment). I got no response from about half a dozen contacts I found, and the contact info registered with the State of Colorado is inaccurate.

I even submitted a complaint with the State of Colorado to get their business registration updated so I can contact them to get my account reinstated.  However I would characterize the State's response as saying they support the Corporate Mafia stealing small amounts from individuals because they only go after cases "involving widespread harm to Colorado consumers". NOTE: If you cannot contact a business you cannot serve them with legal papers, it is really a big deal that the state is rejecting this case, but that's a political issue for another forum and another time.

Is anyone else using this provider and seeing similar problems or not?  Unless I get a useful contact suggestion that pans out, looks like I'll be submitting a fraud complaint with my bank to get my money back (based on past experience I expect to get a full refund without any problem).  However, I prefer to get my account reinstated because it does the small job I need at a very low price.

Otherwise, any suggestions for a replacement low-cost VPS provider for small web server (and several other things) that would only have public documents on it would be appreciated. [current service is advertised as OVZ, Ubunutu, US location, 128M RAM, 512G bandwidth, 5G disk, which is more than enough]

Thank you,
Michael Pruznick