[nclug-jobs] Lead VNOC Analyst III at VMware in Broomfield, CO
Danny Ochoa (c)
dochoa at vmware.com
Tue Dec 8 12:32:32 MST 2009
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CA77FA.21D3ABD0]
Title: Lead VNOC Analyst
Department: Information Technology
Location: Broomfield, CO (US)
Reports to: Senior Manager, VNOC
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the data center. Customers of all sizes rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, ensure business continuity, strengthen security and conserve energy. With 2007 revenues of $1.33 billion, more than 100,000 customers and more than 10,000 partners, VMware is one of the fastest-growing public software companies. VMware is based in Palo Alto, California, with approximately 6,000 employees in 36 countries around the world.
As VMware grows, we are looking for individuals who share our corporate values for excellence and innovation; straightforwardness and open communication; a sense of fun and an appreciation of a balanced life; delivery on our promises to our partners, our customers, and ourselves; and a passion for what we do and the value we deliver. Find out more about VMware at www.vmware.com/company.
The Lead VMware Network Operations Center (VNOC) Analyst will be responsible for providing global 1st Level 24x7 IT operational support for all production infrastructure (hosts, databases, web services, telecoms, network) and applications. Through the use of SOPs and Run books, the Lead VNOC Analyst will respond, diagnose, resolve or escalate production system outages reported through monitoring alerts and/or the VMware Service Desk. Organizing metrics, maintaining production service availability, and providing 1st level triage and resolution of IT server support requests are primary objectives for the team.
The Lead VNOC Analyst will report into the Senior Manager of the VNOC in Palo Alto providing leadership to a 24x7 IT global operations team. The ideal candidate is technically oriented, possesses strong communications skills, and has proven leadership and mentoring skills. The position may require individual to work shift and weekends on a rotating basis and may be required to carry a pager.
VMware is a rapidly growing company with a tremendous opportunity for many exciting challenges. You must have the desire and ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment in order to be successful in this role.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve I.T. production network, system, and application related problems reported through monitoring systems, trouble tickets, or the VMware Service Desk
- Rapidly respond to all alerts, restoring or escalating service/applications issues as per established SLAs
- Work with the VNOC Manager to identify and correct process gaps and drive consistent execution of procedures within the team
- Collect, report, and interpret production service availability metrics which are reported to management
- Lead IT conference calls during production outages, providing written and verbal updates in timely and consistent manner
- Track all planned and unplanned system/application outages through trouble ticketing systems and reporting tools
- Participate in change management meetings and lead post mortem processes to ensure operational consistency and service improvement
- Create, update, and execute operational processes based on Run book and SOP documentation
- Configuration, maintenance, and requirements development of network/systems management tools
- Special projects as needed
Education/Work Experience Requirements
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3-5 years NOC experience in a senior or team lead role
- Minimum 7 years experience in IT support
- Proficient use and configuration of standard TCP/IP network troubleshooting tools and Network Management Systems such as CA Spectrum, Zenoss
- Hands-on experience administering Linux Server, DHCP, BIND DNS, ESX Server, Virtual Console, Mailman, SMTP, NFS, NIS, SAN/NAS storage systems
- Proven experience utilizing Shell and/or Perl scripts to support Linux server optimization and automation of system and software application tasks.
- Hands-on experience administering large enterprise Windows Server, Active Directory, File/Print, and Exchange environments
- Strong experience in troubleshooting and root cause/performance trend analysis. Strong problem diagnosis, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, working effectively with IT support teams, management, and internal users
- Experience in working in IT operations groups supporting enterprise applications such as Oracle, Siebel, Web
- Solid use of trouble ticketing systems and working knowledge of incident management, change management, and problem management processes
- Self-directing and attention to detail is essential for this position
- Must be willing to work weekends as part of a 7x24 operations team responding to off-hours service desk requests
Please submit resume to Danny Ochoa dochoa at vmware.com<mailto:dochoa at vmware.com> or call (650) 427-3709 if interested.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 2208 bytes
More information about the NCLUG-JOBS