[NCLUG] DNS problems

Matt Rosing rosing at peakfive.com
Sat Dec 9 16:50:42 MST 2000

>Actually I believe he voted for a third party canidiate, as did a lot of us in
>NCLUG. I suspect NCLUG had a higher percentage of third party voters than the
>surrounding population. Anyone who has gone to the effort to use Linux and
>Free Software is probably also has strong political opinions and isn't swayed
>by the "popularity contest" of the Republicrats.

I beg to differ. You have no idea what my opinions are. But here's
one: The problem in Florida is, at the lowest level, a technical
problem with voting machines. How about using linux as the basis for
an open source, simple, secure voting machine that's put on recycled
computers? It wouldn't cost much. Run it on lap tops and it would take
less space than the butterfly machines.  Make it easy for disabled
people to use. Make it easy for computer illiterates to set up. It
would solve the Florida problem, recycle old machines, and make linux
look like a star. Who would you trust your vote with? Windoze or an
open source?

Matt