[NCLUG] emacs lisp packages/modules?

S. Luke Jones luke at sixthdimension.com
Fri Dec 22 11:46:30 MST 2000

On Fri, Dec 22, 2000 at 11:23:20AM -0700, Mike Loseke wrote:
>  Hello, I am an emacs newbie. I am installing a shiny new version of emacs

Don't do it. Or if you must, start wearing wrist braces now.
They have a nice selection in the drugstore across from the
hospital. Do you know any long-term emacs users who don't have
a repetitive strain injury? I don't.

> from scratch and I need to add in several lisp modules (like for perl
> mode for instance). For xemacs I found the sumo package which is nice -
> I was wondering if there's anything like that for plain old emacs? The
> emacs faq that I found isn't of much help as it's 5+ years out of date
> and chock full of bad URL's. I found the emacs lisp archive but I'd
> rather not do onesy-twosies if I don't have to. Suggestions?
>
>  RPM is not being used.

Try "ESC X psychoanalyze-pinhead" for more information.

--
S. Luke Jones => luke-vortex-sixthdimension-SUNW-com