[NCLUG] KRUD install problems, help!!

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Nov 14 00:49:06 MST 2000

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 08:03:48PM -0700, paul hansen wrote:
>KRUD 7.0 arrived today. I had to try it. No cd, so I tried NFS install --
>which died 4 times in a row. So, I swapped out some hardware and installed

Died how?  I've only done HTTP installs on my laptop, I find it tends to be
easier than tracking down why NFS isn't working between a set of boxes...

>"media is unconnected. Link down or incompatible connection. Media is TP"

When do you get this error?  This is during the *CD INSTALL*?  Or this
was after the install?  I presume this system was working running 6.2
before this?  Perhaps you should try a different kernel?  This sounds like
a kernel error to me.  You have a link light?

 Reading computer manuals without the hardware is as frustrating as reading
 sex manuals without the software.  -- Arthur C. Clarke