[NCLUG] Cisco/CodeRed fix?

thorson at aster.com thorson at aster.com
Tue Aug 7 14:19:27 MDT 2001

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Dan Burcaw wrote:

> I have a 675... and I've heard the following:
> Supposedly firmware level 2.4.2 fixes this but Qwest won't
> release it.  Something about a contract with Cisco
> that forces Qwest to do QA on an update before releasing
> it (I heard this second hand, so I'm not sure if it's accurate).
>
> 2.4.1 which is available from Qwest makes
> the crashes more unlikely (this has certainly been the
> case for me).  It still happens on occasion though
> (this is assuming the web port hasn't been moved).

Not for me:

  CBOS (tm) 678 Software (C678-I-M), Version v2.4.1 - Release Software

It was up to about every 15 minutes before moving the web port.

Also, there was someone on slashdot with 2.4.2 that was still getting the
crashes.  I think they are not releasing it because it doesn't fix
the problems for everyone.

Bill