[NCLUG] Some CodeRed web hits compared

Jim Ankrum jimj9 at qwest.com
Wed Aug 8 09:43:10 MDT 2001

>  I really don't have anything to back up this claim... just making it up
as
> I go ;)
>Don't know the business vs. home users part, but out of 2390 unique hosts,
>36 are home.com, 22 are rr.com and 329 have dsl in their names. 1061 don't
>have a reverse lookup.  Is that enough to back up your claim? :)

>charles

 Yea... if I were to make up some numbers to go along with my made up claim
they'd probably go along those lines :p

 From a cable user perspective though, having just looked at my logfile....
of 450ish entries all but 6 are from 24.*.*.*

 Before the code red thing it was normal for me to have 30 or so entries per
day. Here is something interesting though... before code red about 90% of my
connection attempts were to ports 27374 and 113. last nights logs show only
one connection attempt to each of those.

Jim