[NCLUG] Hardware/monitor..

Kirk Rheinlander kirk at kpj2.com
Thu Aug 30 16:01:43 MDT 2001

Having just spent a few hundred hours buying lots of computer gear for a
new school in Ft. Collins, I found a number of great places to purchase
stuff, almost all over the net.

EBay scares the hell out of me - put money in someone elses bank account,
and they "may" send you what you think you ordered....not for me, however,
I know folks that have had great luck with this path.

We bought almost everything through UBid, an auction house, but the
majority or the goods are direct from them as a company, and you buy with a
credit card, so there is some level of financial protection. They have been
great about getting warranty repair for the few items that broke, as well.
(and we bought over $40k of equipment from them)

As with any on-line auction, don't get caught up in it. Decide what you are
willing to pay, look up specs from the model # listed, and place your bid.
I use the max bid feature, so set an upper limit, and walk away. If you
miss it this time, there will be another one come up.....

Kirk Rheinlander