[NCLUG] New School Servers

Jeff Moe jeff at themoes.org
Fri Aug 31 16:16:37 MDT 2001

When I was at Verinet, we used the typical ISP setup: Linux, sendmail,
wu-ftpd, BIND, Apache, MySQL, etc. I'm checking out some other packages now,
such as pureftpd, qmail, & djbdns. Pureftpd kicks wu-ftpd pretty hard, from
what I've seen so far (limited downloads over 1 day...). I like djbdns as
well, but it definitely has it's quirks. I'm off to replace sendmail with
qmail sometime today.

I'm wondering what experiences NCLUGgers have with other less common servers.
What works best? What's fastest? What's most secure? What other crazy servers
are out there?

-Jeff