[NCLUG] Hardware/monitor..

Chris Hardy chris at hardys.org
Fri Aug 31 10:08:59 MDT 2001

GeekBoi wrote:

>> I am going to be doing the same thing.  I have found Cummings and Associates
> on 32nd and blake in Denver to be very good for this type of thing.  I picked
> up two high res 20" monitors for $99 a piece there.  These are pretty high
> quality monitors that are used.

Woo hoo! thanks ;)

> CmdrTaco of slashdot fame has a nice little script for cataloging and
> starting roms in xmame with a joystick and buttons.  This should help free
> you from having a full keyboard/mouse hiden in the cabinet.  You can take a
> look at his project at http://cmdrtaco.net/jubei/

Yes, I'm baseing part of my cabinet off of his design,  I've exchanged
some e-mail w/him as well ;) .. I'll setup a web page w/pictures and
plans and parts if yall would be interested.  I've also been trying to
make it up from Wy (Wyoming is a Lugless state) to a nclug meeting so I
can see if there are any other cool projects people are working on.
I've been thinking of adding a ethernet card to my Tivo, and pray that
Tivo doesn't lock down the Stand alone boxes.

Thanks for the pointers everyone!