[NCLUG] FYI: Cable modems back in Fort Collins!

Eric Brunson brunson at level3.net
Thu Dec 6 11:20:52 MST 2001

The night before last I checked the status on the web interface of my
cable modem and saw it had acquired a downstream link, so I dhcp'd
(without specifying my old host name like I used to) and got an ip, a
default route and some resolvers.

I could go anywhere, except on port 80.  They seemed to be
intercepting port 80 and redirecting it to their web server with
instructions on how to convert your network setup.  I read underneath
"Unsupported Systems" and they didn't seem to offer any way to get
past their NAT, so I tunnelled all my web traffic through my rackspace
box.

I'd be interested if anyone else has had a problem getting past their
NAT for web traffic.

* shaggydan (dmiles at holly.ColoState.EDU) [011206 11:05]:

 Eric Brunson   brunson at level3.net   page-eric at level3.net
tcA thgirypoC muinelliM latigiD eht detaloiv tsuj evah uoY