[NCLUG] cable modems tomorrow at 4pm

Craig Chafin craigcc at frii.com
Fri Dec 7 16:42:06 MST 2001

> >Qwest package is MSN and they only offer a USB Modem unless you want to
> >shell out an extra $249 for the Cisco 678 (according to the phone
> >salesperson I chatted with).
>
> The MSN package is only if you use QWest as your IP provider.  You can
> select a QWest DSL line, but get the IP through dozens of other providers.
> Including static IPs and blocks, etc...

I received a letter telling me that I had to switch to MSN before the end of
the year because QWest.net was going away.  I called QWest and told them that
I use Linux, and I don't want MSN.  The rep told me to basically ignore the
letter and that the QWest.net stuff will still work in 2002.

Eh, even if it doesn't, like Sean said, I can switch to another IP provider.

Craig