[NCLUG] sharing dialup

Mike Loseke mike at verinet.com
Wed Dec 12 11:23:59 MST 2001

Thus spake Matt Taggart:

> Daniel Herrington writes...
>
> > Surely someone's done this before...
> >
> > How can I set up my LAN at home such that when my wife wants to check
> > her email or browse the web on her Win98 computer, it automatically
> > makes the modem on my linux box dial out and share the connection to
> > FRII?
>
> ppp has had the ability to do this natively for quite a while now. Before it
> did you had to use a separate diald program. The ppp documentation or one of
> the howtos has the info you're looking for.

 Yep, PPP dial-on-demand works really well. IIRC, I just followed along
with a HOWTO (or mini-HOWTO) and had it running with no real issues
whatsoever. It's been ages and don't have the URL but I'm sure it can be
found at http://www.ibiblio.org/mdw/

--
   Mike Loseke    | Sometimes insanity is the only alternative.
 mike at verinet.com |