[NCLUG] grrrr....

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Feb 13 11:59:45 MST 2001

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 09:04:41AM -0700, Mike Loseke wrote:
> Great. google now owns deja.com and they've rolled the newsgroup stuff up
>under their search engine. And it sucks compared to good ol' deja. Grr...

I was just there last week and was wishing that their indexing were more like
Google.  I was searching for something, and their search engine kept bringing
up crap.

> On a side note, anyone ever seen GNU ftp truncating passwords sent to
>the server at eight characters? Is this behaviour modifiable? The specific

As Luke points out, you have the source...  First I'd recommend you sniff
the connection to make sure that the client isn't actually sending the
full password and it getting truncated by the server for some reason
(something weird like the Solaris FTP using an "XPASS" command or
something).

 "If all you have is a hammer, every problem tends to look like a nail."