[NCLUG] OWF?

Charles Clarke clarke at clarkecomputer.com
Sun Feb 25 21:44:29 MST 2001

On your page, you ask "How many of these mailings do you have to get
before it's harrassment?".

If you search the Colorado Statutes at:
http://statute.intellinetusa.com/stat99/

Section 12-14-106 deals with harassment by a debt collection agency
?is BSA one if they feel the software company is owed money by you?
and section 18-9-111 deals with harassment and stalking including
harassment over computers.  The closest I can see that you could go after
them for is sectino 18-9-111 (g)

  Makes repeated communications at inconvenient hours that invade the
  privacy of another and interfere in the use and enjoyment of another's
  home or private residence or other private property;

I would say that if you don't wish to receive these letters that any hour
would be inconvenient and that they invade your privacy and enjoyment.
Don't know how it would fly with the courts though.

Not sure in this case whether a corporation would count as a person.
My understanding, from a judge in Washington state, is that a corporation,
in Washington at least, cannot be harassed and so I doubt that it can
harass.  You'd have to go after a person(Bob Kruger, VP BSA?)

charles