[NCLUG] Tux-tops??

Matt Taggart taggart at carmen.fc.hp.com
Thu Jul 19 21:49:04 MDT 2001

Ted Anderson writes...

> I'd like to buy a new laptop that will dual-boot Linux and another widely use
> commercial O/S whose name you all know.

OS/2? Be? MacOS? Solaris? SCO?

C'mon don't make us guess!

> I'll email them about my unsatisfied consumer demand, but meanwhile, I'd like
> refer the dilemma to youse faithful NCLUGgers.  Any tips?

Start at,

http://www.linux-laptop.net/

and look to see what's best supported both in terms of hardware support and in
the number of other people hacking on a particular model(that might be able to
help you).

Locally on the NCLUG list most people have either IBM, HP, or Sony.

What are you looking for?
small vs. large screen
heavy vs. light
built-in cdrom or floppy
battery life
docking
etc.

This list is full of opinions on laptops.(That's not all we're full of!)

--
Matt Taggart
taggart at fc.hp.com