[NCLUG] Need help with Bastille Linux

densign@danedesign.tv danedesign at sopris.net
Sat Jul 28 15:21:41 MDT 2001

This is a request for help. If this annoys anyone please forgive me
in advance, let me know and I wont ask for more.

I am too new to linux, and I dont know enough about ports
and protocols to successfully setup Bastille Linux. After tracing
IPs that are showing up in my logs. I have found that hackers are
trying to get in my server from Korea to Germany. Thats what I get for
not knowing enough ahead of time. So, to get to my point.

I am trying to learn everything that I need but it IS going to take
some time. Is anyone out there willing to help me set up the Bastille
Linux program so I can have my server more secure and have a way to walk
before I run with firewalling? All I really have to offer are my web design
skills. I would be happy to make some cool web art/layouts with a bit of
flash
fx or something if anyone is actually game to help me out.

Best regards,

Dane Ensign
densign at danedesign.tv