[NCLUG] Linux/Att cable modem....

Dave Treece davet at frii.com
Tue Jun 5 19:19:49 MDT 2001

Hey Folks,
  I'm wondering if some can help me. I and a buddy of mine setup a linux router for his cable modem. AT&T in Ft. Collins is your wondering. We had it setup using a static ip and now it seems as if ATT wants everyone to do dhcp. We setup the system using Redhat 6.1 and installed pump. I think it's all setup right but it still doesn't want to config eth0. Anybody got a similar setup that can send me any pointers?

  FWIW, we've had the thing setup for several months now and running just great. We installed isinglass and so far have been pretty lucky (nothing on it anyway other then routing to/from the internal network) and not seen any break in attempts.

--
  Dave Treece
  davet at frii.com