[NCLUG] Linux/Att cable modem....

Jim Ankrum jimj9 at qwest.net
Tue Jun 5 20:52:39 MDT 2001

on 6/5/01 7:19 PM, Dave Treece at davet at frii.com wrote:

  FWIW, we've had the thing setup for several months now and running just
great. We installed isinglass and so far have been pretty lucky (nothing on
it anyway other then routing to/from the internal network) and not seen any
break in attempts.

Man I wish I could say the same... my logs show me anywhere between 20 - 50
connection attempts per day on my @home service.

As for the dhcp thing so far I've gone about 18 months without my ip ever
being changed. I'm reluctant to set mine up for dhcp since I use FreeBSD and
just don't want to turn on the bpf thing if I don't have to.

Jim