[NCLUG] Re: Boycott Ziff Davis Media

mike cullerton michaelc at cullerton.com
Mon Jun 25 17:27:50 MDT 2001

hmmm... not sure i read matt's message quite like you did.

matt was letting anyone on the list who happens to subscribe to any
ziff/davis publications (of which he guesses there are few) that they could
pass $5 NCLUG's way if they chose to.

which part of matt's message made you feel like he was attacking you? i
didn't notice your name in his post.

what you seem to have interpreted as bashing was matt's (ok, only slightly)
humerous way of saying.

   "You people just don't get it. Consumers are not idiots anymore. Just
because some droid tells us that this is a "legitimate way to generate money
for your group" doesn't mean that we even care. This community is about
sharing, not scamming $5"

jeesh!
mike