[NCLUG] Mandrake 7.2 Install

Henc Bouwmeester henc at crosswinds.net
Fri Mar 30 07:50:08 MST 2001

I am trying to install Mandrake 7.2 on the following:

    Asus K7M w/ Athlon 500MHz
    128Mb RAM
    Diamond Viper 770 w/32Mb
    13 Gig IBM HD (5 gig Win98 Partition, 8 gig Linux w/ 256Mb swap)
    Internal Iomega Zip 100
    SoundBlaster Live!
    32x CD
    RealTek 10/100 network card

When I boot from the CD, it comes up allowing me to either push F1 or <enter>.  After which, it hangs on a screen that states: Starting... Please wait.    I pushed Alt+F3 and saw that it had problems with insmod for the PCI Bridge and the ide-probe.  I tried using expert, text, all, etc....   I even tried to send the kernel some parameters like (all on separate occasions):
        pci=io=0x9000
        pci=nobios
        pci=bios
        pci=conf1
        pci=conf2
None of these worked.  Is there something I am missing?  I used to have RedHat installed and it worked fine.

Any help would be great.

--
Henc Bouwmeester
http://www.crosswinds.net/~henc