[NCLUG] ssh - very slow to initiate

J. Paul Reed preed at sigkill.com
Thu Nov 15 10:38:18 MST 2001

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Mike Loseke wrote:

> That and check with evey other process on the systems that's running and
> swapping to see if it's ok to allocate enough swap for you to even
> initiate a shell.

HP-UX: the only operating system that comes complete with memleakd, the
daemon to help manage your kernel memory leaks. ;-)

Actually, upon further inspection, this turned up, which is semi-ironic:

[207] % uname -a
HP-UX monet B.10.20 A 9000/889 1499574361 two-user license
[208] % ps -ef | grep -i mem
    root  4211  2804  0  Sep 16  ?        27:33 memlogd
[209] %

Hrm... maybe I'm not so far off after all...

Later,
Paul