[NCLUG] Fighting TigerMP

Michael Dwyer mdwyer at sixthdimension.com
Tue Nov 20 13:28:43 MST 2001

Sean Reifschneider wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 08:28:40PM -0700, S. Luke Jones wrote:
> >NIESEWAND,OLIVER (Non-HP-FtCollins,ex1) wrote:
> >> If you are considering an internet vendor, then might I recommend one?
> >
> >I really like my dealings with mwave.com. I heard about them
> >in the dukeofurl's Linux PC hardware buying guides. I bought
> >my last system and an assortment of odds and ends since then.
>
> As I was reading the newegg recommendation I was thinking "That reminds me
> of mwave".  I've also been very happy with them, and they have really good

"Newegg reminds you of mwave", indeed!  Compare them.  They are
IDENTICAL!  Or, I should say, they use identical online store software.
The logos are a little different, and they stock different brands of
HDDs, but the actual layout and mechanics of the web pages is
identical!

But you were all too late.  I bought my drives from GoogleGear.com.  It
annoys the hell out of me that they leach off the good name of
Google.com, but it turns out that they are a good enough business that I
have to overlook that.