[NCLUG] Fighting TigerMP

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Tue Nov 20 13:02:23 MST 2001

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 08:28:40PM -0700, S. Luke Jones wrote:
>NIESEWAND,OLIVER (Non-HP-FtCollins,ex1) wrote:
>> If you are considering an internet vendor, then might I recommend one?
>
>I really like my dealings with mwave.com. I heard about them
>in the dukeofurl's Linux PC hardware buying guides. I bought
>my last system and an assortment of odds and ends since then.

As I was reading the newegg recommendation I was thinking "That reminds me
of mwave".  I've also been very happy with them, and they have really good
prices.  I just wish they had the motherboards that I use for my 1U
boxen...  The Intel CA810EA is pretty hard to find, but it works great.
Then I'd be able to have mwave assemble the boxes before they ship them
out.

>I had them put together a system -- pay $80 and they do that
>including OS installation -- for my brother who lives in
>another state. They forgot to install the cable from the CD
>to the soundcard. The lesson? Don't help your family with PCs,
>and by *no* means help family that lives in a different state.

Yeah.  My mom called me a couple of weeks ago because her computer wouldn't
power on any more.  I thought the brand-new PC P&C power supply I put in
there a few week previous must have been at the near end of the bathtub.  I
went over there, sure enough it wouldn't turn on.  I power-cycled her power
strip, and the computer then powered right up...

 "If life was fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would
 be dead."  -- Johnny Carson