[NCLUG] Low Cost Terabyte File Server

Michael Dwyer mdwyer at sixthdimension.com
Wed Nov 28 10:22:37 MST 2001

Kirk Rheinlander wrote:

> Thought it might be of interest.....Found an interesting read on IDE raid,
> large scale ..... no experience with either

I have one of those Promise Ultra66 boards modded into a FastTrack66.
I was originally going to mirror two 40GB drives, until I was told
that our... uh... 'media' collection was quite a bit bigger than that.

The FastTrack drivers seem to be pretty lacking, and besides that
it sounds like it is all software-raid anyway.  I'm still debating
what to do with it...  Has anyone had any successes with this card?