[NCLUG] SCSI via USB

shaggydan dmiles at holly.ColoState.EDU
Wed Nov 28 13:40:51 MST 2001

Ok, so I have an external SCSI optical backup drive. It's kinda old, it's
just on a 25 pin SCSI (so I suppose that would make it SCSI-1) and I have
an ISA card to accept the SCSI.

My problem is that I do not have any ISA slots in my motherboard and my
PCI are all used up.. Is it possible to get a piece of hardware that takes
25 pin SCSI and pipes it to USB? If so, would the device be hot-plugable
or would I have to use the driver as a module?

Another question: Do I sound like a complete idiot? I'm pretty good on the
soft side but hardware is something I'm just starting to learn about. If
this mail didn't make much sense, let me know?

Most men do not sing, most men cannot sing, most men will not stay where
others are singing if it be continued more than two hours. Note that.
						--Mark Twain