[NCLUG] VoIP Blasters

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Tue Apr 30 04:21:15 MDT 2002

If anyone wants a demo of the VoIP Blasters under Linux, I can bring stuff
to set up a test configuration to the meeting next week.

The short form is that the VoIP Blaster is awesome.  It's a USB dongle that
has an RJ-11 jack and a headset jack on it.  You can plug in a regular
phone, run the appropiate software, and then dial a number and be connected
with another VoIP Blaster user (who's phone will ring).  There's also work
to make it interoperate with the Open H.323 stuff so it could talk to any
netmeeting user, but I haven't tried that...

Oh, and it's only $15...

 I didn't spend 6 years in evil medical school to be called *MISTER* Evil!
                 -- Dr. Evil, _Austin_Powers:_International_Man_of_Mystery_