[NCLUG] apple II sw/manuals?

Michael Dwyer mdwyer at sixthdimension.com
Tue Aug 6 10:26:40 MDT 2002

Daniel Herrington wrote:
> I know this is off-topic, but I thought I'd ask anyway.  Does anyone
> happen to have any old Apple II manuals or software disks that I could
> have?  I got an old Apple II and I don't have anything to run on it yet.

Oh jeeze...  I have a small disk box full of stuff, but it is mostly
BASIC stuff that I wrote in grade school.... and I don't want ANYBODY to
see that. :)

ObOnTopic: The Apple II emulators are very good.  They are such that,
unless you want to play with the actual hardware, you're better off with
the emu.  Plus, you may find some disk images as part of those emulators.

ObNostalgia: I have a Franklin Ace in my closet...  I once repaired an
Apple II by replacing some 74xx chip just by tracing the traces and
taking an guess. I didn't know at the time what the chip was. Amazingly,
it worked!  Even better, it turned out that that same machine was the
first computer I'd ever used!  Anyone else remember MECC?  Oregon Trail?
O'Dell Lake?  Math Muncher??