[NCLUG] sftp for windows

dobbster dobbster at dobbster.com
Tue Aug 20 05:50:39 MDT 2002

Michael Smith wrote:

> > Could anyone suggest a windows client for OpenSSH?  I am ideally
> > looking for something very simple and user-friendly; some of my users
> > can barely use GUI-based FTP clients.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Mark (dobbster at dobbster.com)
>
> We use a number of the products from Van Dyke in our office which are very
> well supported.  We especially like their CRT and SecureCRT products which
> have the ability to save and share profiles for numerous hosts which is very
> helpful when you have nearly 200 routers to administer. They also have an
> sftp client.
>
> http://www.vandyke.com/products/securefx/index.html
>
> We've not been hesistant about paying their reasonable licensing costs given
> the value we've received from their use.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Mike
>
> ---

Mike,

Thanks for the info.  Given that nearly all of our company uses Linux
(I think we have four Windows machines), I'd probably opt for the free
versions.  Someday, when we have thousands of computers and dozens of
Windows machines (and I am a millionaire...any day now...)  I would
probably go for something with a little more support.

As it stands, I'd rather teach the few users we have how to use
something command-line driven than pay licensing fees.  We'll probably
go with Putty FTP.

But thank you anyway...

Mark