[NCLUG] Network problems mixing RH7.x and PPC Debian on same network

John L. Bass jbass at dmsd.com
Tue Aug 20 02:01:34 MDT 2002

question:

At the homebrew meeting last sunday we had a strange problem trying to add
Bryan's PPC notebook/airport wireless to my home network. The only device
on my home network that would answer the arp requests from his notebook was
my HP print server, none of the RH7.x boxes would even though I could see
the arp's come in with tcpdump on the RH systems.

Likewise, the PPC notebook didn't answer the arp requests from the RH systems.

any clues why?

Thanks,
John