[NCLUG] cheap cat5 cable

Mike Loseke mike at verinet.com
Tue Dec 10 08:59:14 MST 2002

Thus spake bof:

> Michael Milligan wrote:
>
> > Sean Reifschneider wrote:

> >> If they aren't too busy helping a guy who thinks acoustics is "magic"
> >> figure out where to place speakers in a new room, while 4 other
> >> customers wait around for 20 minutes trying to hand over money.
> >

> > Wow, and I thought I was the only one.  This happened to me twice,
> > mid-day, middle of the week (made to wait 10-15 minutes while someone
> > in the back could have been called out sooner to take my money).
>

> So, out of curiosity, why didn't you speak up and ask for another
> cashier or to speak to the store manager after two or three minutes?  If
> you tolerate poor service like this without complaining, they will only
> continue to give it to you. It's not, after all, like they're doing you
> a favor by allowing you to spend your hard-earned money there ....

 That's what i did the last time I was in Circuit City (several years ago)
- I was trying to get some assistance from a sales monkey and when one
finally decided that he'd come over I thanked him for his time and kindly
explained to him that I was going to go to another store to get what I had
come there for and walked off. Haven't been back since.

 I haven't seen that level of disservice at Wintronic myself but they have
made some changes over the past year where I could see that happenning.
Heck, they couldn't even get their phone number in the phone book this
year, I had to drive there to get it.

 But, as Sean stated, if there's another place locally that can compete
then please let us know. And Mountain States Electronics ain't it.

--
   Mike Loseke    | Disk space running short.
 mike at verinet.com | Deleting emacs...