[NCLUG] cheap cat5 cable

bof bof at pcisys.net
Tue Dec 10 13:14:35 MST 2002

Michael Milligan wrote:

> bof wrote:
>
>> So, out of curiosity, why didn't you speak up and ask for another
>> cashier or to speak to the store manager after two or three minutes?
>

> Speak up to whom?  There was only one person up front.

So here's what I do: ask the person to call someone else to help me. If
they don't have anyone, then ask to speak to the manager. If they're not
available, then I'd leave and call the store later and speak to the
manager or owner.

> Heh.  Your logic is twisted.

I won't presume you to tell you what to do: that's your choice. But I
have found that speaking up does work, and was asking why you didn't try
it: all too often in the early 21st century, people do not know that
they are being rude unless you speak up and protest their lack of
manners. Silence simply engenders the continued behavior. And
complaining will sometimes work.

Besides, if you get really nasty and rude in return to the point of
foaming at the mouth and casting aspirations about their parentage at
the top of your voice, you feel so much better when you leave <g>.

> Customer service is king.

Unfortunately, not always, and for damn sure, especially not in Boulder.