[NCLUG] cheap cat5 cable

Michael Dwyer mdwyer at sixthdimension.com
Tue Dec 10 13:50:00 MST 2002

> I won't presume you to tell you what to do: that's your choice. But I
> have found that speaking up does work, and was asking why you didn't try
> it: all too often in the early 21st century, people do not know that
> they are being rude unless you speak up and protest their lack of
> manners. Silence simply engenders the continued behavior. And
> complaining will sometimes work.
>
>> Customer service is king.
>
> Unfortunately, not always, and for damn sure, especially not in Boulder.

Apparently, not in the UK, either.  I found this story recently.  I
thought it was sort of interesting.  In general, europeans don't expect
the personal service that people in America (apparently) expect.

For what it is worth, I've had to wait around in Wintronic, too.  But
I'm usually able to amuse myself with the assorted toys they have
scattered around.  Personally, I think the people who work there are
quite professional and knowledgable -- something that is faaaaar too
lacking in so many other technical retailers.  I shudder whenever I see
High Speed Monster Cable(tm) EtherNet cable...