[NCLUG] Can't ftp to self

rosing at peakfive.com rosing at peakfive.com
Fri Feb 1 10:06:38 MST 2002

Hi,

I'm still setting up my home network and have a machine that I'd like
to be able to serve ftp and telnet.  I tried ftp 127.0.0.1 and it says
connection refused.  Xinetd is running. /etc/xinetd.d/wu-ftpd says ftp
is enabled (and xinetd.conf includes xinted.d). ipchains says nothing is
rejected (this machine is behind the firewall). Ifconfig says lo is up
and running. Hosts.allow is set to ALL:ALL. Hosts.deny is set to
nothing. Ssh 127.0.0.1 works but I don't want to enter passwords for
my local machines.

What else should I look for?

Thanks,

Matt