[NCLUG] Terabyte File Server

Robert Rankin rrankin at mdsp.dk
Fri Feb 8 06:06:21 MST 2002

Gary, I ran across your post here:
http://www.nclug.org/pipermail/nclug/2001-July/001580.html regarding
storage for terabytes of data.  In this post you mention you had
implemented an IBM based solution with Fibre Channel access.

I was hoping you could expand upon this with a few more details.  I am
currently researching the possibility of building a large (1 - 4+ TB's)
fileserver, but am working under a fairly contrained budget (10k CDN or
less ideally).  My company has some arrangements with IBM, and in an
ideal world I would like to use them for hardware.  Unfortunately, I
have not yet discovered anything that IBM provides that can fill this
kind of storage requirement, and remain in the price range I need.

Perhaps with some information from you I may be able to find an IBM
based solution.

Thanks for any help you could give me.

----
Robert N. Rankin