[NCLUG] 2 MB SRAM card?

Hugh Mahon hugh at mahon.cwx.net
Sat Feb 9 11:00:28 MST 2002

Hi Folks,

	Anybody out there got a 2 MB SRAM PCMCIA card they're not
using or could loan me for a short period?  The reason is for a good
cause: putting Linux on an 802.11b access point.  If you haven't seen
the article in Slashdot, the URL is:

		http://opensource.instant802.com/

	I have flash RAM cards, but this requires SRAM.  These would
have been used with devices such as the HP-95LX palmtop.  Relative to
flash cards SRAM cards have rather low capacities (usually less than 8
MB).  I ran into someone with a 512k card, but the project requires a
card with at least 2MB.

	The SRAM card is required once per AP, so I'm reluctant to go
out and buy a new card (~$120) just for this.

Thanks,

Hugh Mahon              |___|
hugh at mahon.cwx.net      |   |
                            |\  /|