[NCLUG] FTC Launches Crackdown on Deceptive Junk E-mail

Michael Dwyer mdwyer at sixthdimension.com
Tue Feb 12 14:22:06 MST 2002

Evelyn Mitchell wrote:

> http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2002/02/eileenspam1.htm

Excellent!  For some reason, I have recently become popular with pyramid
scheme marketers.  According to other places in the FTC web site, the
UCE at ftc.gov address is for general spam, while PYRAMID at ftc.gov is
specifically for pyramid schemes...  I'm somewhat concerned about the
lack of mention of this address in this press release.
Still, it is really cool to see that they actually have been out getting
these people.  I had always kind of assumed that the uce@ address just
dumped to >/dev/null...

Oh, and by the way, the Colorado Anti-spam laws will get you $10.  But
it costs $9 to file in small claims court.  Oh, and you probably have to
pay a process server, too.  You might be able to reclaim these costs if
you win, though...