[NCLUG] Need Help finding someone

Jason Maderios Jason.Maderios at togethersoft.com
Wed Feb 13 14:10:42 MST 2002

Hey All,

I apologize for sending this out to everyone.  We are having a hard time finding a person for this position.  If you know of anyone please forward this to them.  We are looking for a Oracle DBA to help out our web team.  We are running Oracle on 3 RH 7.1 4CPU 4Gmem and 100+ Gig of Raid 5 Disks machines and are looking for the right team mate to manage them.  The requirements from our HR Dept are listed below.

TIA!

Jason Maderios

Jason Maderios, Sr. Unix System Administrator, RHCE
TogetherSoft Corporation, Global HQ
900 Main Campus Drive, Suite 500
Raleigh, NC 27606
o: 1-919-833-5550 x1518, m: 1-919-795-3713
Jason.Maderios at TogetherSoft.com

TogetherSoft's mission is "improving the ways people work together."  Our flagship product, Together ControlCenter, is the Model-Build-Deploy Platform.  http://www.togethersoft.com/

Oracle DBA

The Role:
As member of web team, responsible for backend web design, development, and maintenance.

	*	Establish standards that all databases will follow (e.g. naming, configuration, etc.). Plan and implement database and software installations, upgrades, and patches. Assist in related software installations.
	*	Plan and build RDBMS instances and objects (e.g. databases, roles, etc.). Work with development teams to incorporate functional changes in the system.
	*	Define and develop database backup and recovery strategies (or assist). Create database start/stop scripts and manage database refreshes, including restore/recovery.  Ensure that proper database and archive log backup procedures are implemented and execute backups as required.
	*	Perform recoveries of the database, datafiles, tables, indexes, etc. as required. Monitor and tune Oracle and other databases including SQL Server and mySQL and their associated applications. Assist in capacity planning of Oracle and other database and application servers.
	*	Develop, document, and implement operational support procedures for the Oracle and infrastructure components. Develop, document, and implement security.  Write technical documentation pertaining to the database software and related activities.
	*	Maintains records concerning all database changes.

The Requirements:
	*	Certification in Oracle 7, 8 or 9i .
	*	Strong SQL skills. Ability to code and recompile packages and code functions and procedures preferred.  Experience with RMAN and the standby database option.  Experience MS SQL and mySQL helpful.
	*	Ability to follow schedules and understand procedures needed to produce and complete projects in a timely manner. The maturity to properly evaluate buy vs build decisions.
	*	Candidate must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
	*	BA / BS in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent work exp.
	*	Four to five years experience working with Oracle 7 or higher.  One to two years experience working with SQL Server.

Our Offer

	*	A competitive compensation plan with a generous benefit package, including:

		Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Plan, Short and Long-term Disability Insurance, 401K with company match, Employee Assistance Program, and Credit Union.

	*	A team-oriented company culture with a strong mission, Improving the ways people work together.

Are you interested? If so, we invite you to submit your resume to Human Resources for immediate consideration.

TogetherSoft Corporation
Human Resources
900 Main Campus Drive
Raleigh, NC  27606